BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Takeover Tuesday - Instaa_Sam!

Hey there,

My name is Sam and I have control over this weeks “Guest Blog Post” here on B.V.E. As you’ve probably guessed, my wonderful fiancée Sarah runs this blog and having popped up quite a few times in her previous posts, I felt it would be a good chance to let her take a break and hand the reigns over to me.

Anyone who knows me will know that I love music. I’d rather listen to music than watch TV, and much prefer to lose myself in lyrics rather than the lives of the Kardashians! This is why I’m going to hit you guys up with my “Top 5 Instaa_Tunes of The Week”

5 - “Downtown” ~ Macklemore & Ryan Lewis



So were going to kick this off with the guy who introduced us to the “Thrift Shop”, you know the one that’s “Downtown”? (See what I did there?!) This is one of those songs that had me hooked the first time I heard it. There’s just so much going on in the song that it’s hard not to like. I’m not a massive fan of Macklemore but I’ll listen if one of his songs are on. He should feel privileged to be on this list!

4 -  “Omen” ~ Disclosure feat. Sam Smith



I like Disclosure. I like Sam Smith. These two artists are definitely a perfect match (similar to the pairing of Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne) They previously worked together on Disclosure’s first big hit “Latch” back in 2013 and it’s still song I find myself going back to. There’s something about this song that makes it catchy, I’m pretty sure its the “wompy” bassline.

3 - “Can’t Feel My Face” ~ The Weeknd


I remember hearing an instrumental version of this song in the Apple Music announcement video and hunted high and low trying to find out what it was (I don’t use Shazam!) and had almost given up hope when I heard it on the radio. This guy has an incredible voice, and an even more incredible hair do! I was also a fan of “Earned It”, which featured in the movie adaption of that dirty book that raunchy old woman wrote. Anybody who says they don’t like the song is lying to us. And themselves.

2 - “How Deep Is Your Love” ~ Calvin Harris and Disciples


Anybody who watched “The Whisper Challenge” will know that I am a massive fan of Calvin Harris and should have expected him to pop up at some point in this post. His newest hit is probably my favourite he’s released to date and anybody who was looking for that “summer jam” should be happy he’s provided them with one! If this is a taste of things to come, I’m looking forward to his next album for sure.

1 - “Peanut Butter Jelly” ~ Galantis



It’s here, number 1 on my list! SPREAD IT LIKE PEANUT BUTTER JELLY!! The first time I heard this song, I thought it was utter garbage. And then I heard it again. And again. I could safely say that this is one of my most listened to songs on Apple Music, and their album is also a sure fire winner with dance music fans out there. Be sure to check it out!

Alas, we have reached the end of our time together. Lets not be sad about it. I’m glad we’re leaving here with a better understanding of each other and I’m no longer just a name in a blog! Be sure to check back for the next post on B.V.E and who knows, Sarah might even let me back and we can mingle some more.


Peace.Love.Over&Out.


x

No comments