BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Interview a Blogger, Laura Gale | Blog Series

Hello Again!

Today's post is a little bonus Interview a Blogger post because there wasn't one yesterday so today's blogger is the lovely Laura Gale! Laura's blog is full to the brim of makeup and fashion along with some great advice and lifestyle posts! Let's get to know more about Laura and her blog!

1. Tell us something about yourself and your blog?

I'm a final year law student, and my blog was born in May 2015 as a result of me feeling constantly stressed out about uni and my career options. I was in desperate need of a creative outlet; blogging was the obvious answer for me, since I love to write and have been reading other people's blogs for yonks! 

2. How did you get into blogging? Did someone else inspire you?

Yes! I was totally inspired by Charlie (www.chrwrd.com). I had no idea she was a blogger until she updated her Twitter bio to include a link to her blog. Charlie and I went to the same college (way back when) and I thought it was so cool that I knew of somebody who was into blogging. I saw the Bloglovin' widget on her blog and signed up and claimed my own blog straight away, and from there I discovered so many of the blogs I know and love today, which provide me with a constant stream of inspiration!

3. What does blogging mean to you and why?

Blogging means a lot to me because it's something that's just for me. It sounds selfish, but I really enjoy having something kept so separate from my 'real' life, which consists of legal studies, work placements and twenty-five hours a week working in retail. I'm a total control freak, so an on-going solo project like my blog suits me to a T! I also love the good vibes amongst the blogging community. Everybody is so lovely and supportive... a bit like the drunk girls you meet in club toilets, except bloggers are genuinely that friendly the whole time, ha!

4. I personally have almost stopped blogging so, What keeps you motivated?

I imagine this will be controversial, but the thing that keeps me going is the (slow) stream of collaboration offers from brands. There's a popular misconception regarding bloggers, that we're all 'in it for the freebies,' but this couldn't be further from the truth. The 'freebies' are nice, don't get me wrong, but the reason I really look forward to those emails landing in my inbox is the immense sense of achievement that accompanies them. I still can't help but think 'they must have made a mistake, do they really want to work with me?!' I just light up when I realise: they really think that my blog and I are worthy!

5. Name some (one,two or three) of your favourite bloggers and tell us why they’re your favourite?

I love both Alina (Beauty With Charm) and Renata (Speaking Beauty UK). I've watched both their blogs and their skillsets develop; they're amazing bloggers, yet so humble and genuine! There are plenty of blogs I love, but I think the best bloggers are those who stay grounded, even when they reach new levels of success. 

6. What do you do when you’re not blogging?

When I'm not blogging, I'm usually studying or working. I'm also a box set junkie though, and I'm currently addicted to Prison Break and The Walking Dead. 

7. What are you most proud of when it comes to your blog?

I'd say I'm most proud of my blog design. I can't take much credit for it, since it was designed by the lovely Serena! I feel like it's what makes me stick out from the crowd a little, since there are so many monochrome blogs out there (not that there's anything wrong with monochrome, mind)

8. Everyone has a favourite and a least favourite post, what are yours?

Do they?! I'm not too sure on mine! I haven't quite conquered the photography aspect of my blog yet, which is why I feel I don't yet have a post that I absolutely love. Ive just purchased my first ever DSLR though, so I'm working on it! I think my least favourites are all fashion related, as I feel like such an amateur writing them.

9. As I’m mainly a beauty blogger I feel like I have to ask at least one beauty question so: If you could only use one kind of beauty product what would it be and why?

I think it would have to be an eyebrow product. A good skincare regime will mean you can skip on the foundation, and I'm not too fussed about my lashes, but I really notice the difference when I go without my ABH dipbrow... I feel so self-conscious without my power brows! They just frame my face and make me look so much more put together!

10. What would you say to someone who aspires to become a blogger?

If you want to do it, do it! Don't think twice about what anyone else would say. I think the people who were sceptical when I told them I wanted to start a blog are the same people who are now envious of some of the opportunities it's brought me! Blogging is beneficial in so many ways: it's extremely therapeutic, it improves your skillset and it looks great on your CV! Go for it.



A massive thank you to Laura for taking part, it's been great having you!

Come back next Saturday to see who the next blogger is.

No comments