BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Quarterly Catch Up


Again I've been quite quiet on the blog front but after speaking to some of my amazing blogging pals - I'm not going to apologise for it. Life happens and sometimes there's just not enough hours in the day to put everything together in a rambling post. As I have been MIA though I thought I'd pop up a little catch up post to let you know what I've been up to lately, obviously in between all these great things I've also been doing my day job but I didn't think you'd be interested in seeing my hard hat and my steel toe cap boots - but if you do then be sure to let me know (no one will let me know... ).


Lately I've been LOVING reading and I have added quite a few great books to my collection including Ice Cream for Breakfast by Laura Jane Williams. If you feel like you don't have your shit together or that you've just been feeling a bit 'meh' lately then go pick this up and it will do exactly that to you. It's such a feel good book and it leaves you feeling empowered ready to take on anything and everything.

Speaking of empowered, I spent a night eating chocolate, having a cheeky Nando's and a lil' cocktail with two incredible ladies. Katherine and Georgie (click on their names to check out their blogs. Katherine kills it with Fashion and takes you on her journey of modelling and Georgie is a fabulous woman with great taste, humour and has an obsession with all things Beauty). We spent the start of the evening at a Chocolate event which we spent chatting away about all things blogging and having a general catch up then we headed to the wonderful home of chicken, Nando's. It was great speaking away about everything (I mean, everthang) and we didn't want the night to end there so off we popped for a daiquiri at Revolucion de Cuba. Great night spent with great company - I love those girls!




Now that nicer weather is creeping in (this being said at the time I am writing this it is lashing it down, just waiting for a clap of thunder) we've been spending more evenings out and about catching some rays and fresh air. Duthie Park is just a stones throw away from our house so we've been heading there quite a bit. April loves it as there's a huge plastic frog that surfaces up after you chuck some money on it (this frog is older than time itself) and we always race round the winter gardens just to see it. It's just nice to have a wander after being stuck in the office all day and it's good to get some photos for the gram (that's what life's about right?!).


Blog wise I've done quite a few exciting things recently one of which was shooting the gorgeous Katherine for her blog. It's easy as pie to get great shots when the model herself is flawless and when she stumbles across the perfect backdrop spot - great eye - it just goes super smoothly! If you want to see some more photos then head over here to Katherine's Outfit post.

I also did a really fun collaboration with a brand this past month, Leabags. They sent me the perfect backpack to keep all my camera equipment safe when on the go. If you'd like to read all about them then click here to head over to my full review post. I love the photos I got for this, told you that Duthie Park is great for the gram!




Last but certainly not least is what I was up to this past weekend. Julia from Just Julia and I headed up to Inverurie to meet the two fabulous faces behind Lost in Food to enjoy an afternoon of food and drink and lots and lots of laughs, the Lost in Food Supper Club. Lesley and Michelle created a superb three course meal for us, each course paired with a fantastic wine and a strong as hell gin cocktail to start - beautiful! They're so true to themselves and down to earth and I felt so comfortable and at ease as soon as I walked through Lesley's door. Thank you again to both of you for having me, it was incredible! Same time again this Saturday?!

So that has been a little catch up for you, hopefully you've enjoyed my ramblings and musings of the past month or so. If you'd like to keep up with all things BlogsVlogsEtc on the daily then head on over to Instagram to see what I'm up to.

No comments