BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Interview a Blogger, Louise Rose | Blog Series


Hello Again,

Today we're back with my Interview a Blogger series and today it's all about the lovely Louise Rose! She's from York and blogs about everything from Heath and Food to Fashion to Reviews! I personally love her post about the Lush Spring and Easter event she attended, the photos are great! So let's get to know more about Louise!

1. Tell us something about yourself and your blog?
I'm Louise Rose, a 25 year old blogger from York/Hull but currently living in Sheffield. I decided to name my blog after myself because I wanted to blog about my life and experiences. It's my corner of the Internet.

2. How did you get into blogging? Did someone else inspire you?

I worked in social media for three years, which involved blogging. I also studied Public Relations at University. I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to turn it into a personal hobby, thus starting my own blog.

3. What does blogging mean to you and why?

Blogging genuinely means a lot to me. I live in Sheffield but I'm not from here, so I don't have many friends. Blogging has been a great way to meet new people who have similar interests. 

4. I personally have almost stopped blogging so, What keeps you motivated?

I'm quite a motivated person, I don't really know why or what causes it. At the end of this month I'm declaring myself as a blogger because I'll have started earning money from my blogging by then. I think I'm also motivated because I set myself quite a lot of goals!
5. Name some (one,two or three) of your favourite bloggers and tell us why they’re your favourite?
She Might Be Loved (Georgina). Georgina is an award-winning blogger, who is also based in Sheffield. She blogs about plus sized fashion and beauty. She's really lovely and works extremely hard.
FrannyMac (Fran). Fran is a London blogger and wonderful friend of mine who has such unique content. Her personality shines through her blog.
Country Pearls (Rebecca). Becky is another friend of mine who is also Sheffield based. She's recently gone through a whole rebrand with her blog. She amazes me with how enthusiastic she is with her blogging. Becky also runs her own cleaning business which is an incredible achievement.

6. What do you do when you’re not blogging?

I work for the NHS in admin full time. I'm really into my weightloss and eating healthier at the moment, so I love going for walks.  I live near some beautiful gardens so I walk there quite often. I adore reality TV shows, so I'm usually watching one of those when I'm having some me time.

7. What are you most proud of when it comes to your blog?

I started my blog at the end of 2014, so my blog is now just over a year old. In 2015 I did loads with my blog, attended some really exciting events and got some amazing opportunities. I'm really proud of what I achieved in 2015.

8. Everyone has a favourite and a least favourite post, what are yours?

Favourite - http://louiseroserailton.com/2015/12/15/blogmas-a-place-of-luxury-ox-pasture-hall-hotel-scarborough/ This was my favourite opportunity from 2015. It was so relaxing staying at the hotel and we were treated so nicely. I'm proud of this blog post.
Least favourite - http://louiseroserailton.com/2015/08/01/recipe-dairy-free-rocky-road/ My recipe post for Dairy Free Rocky Road. I'd love to re-take photos for this to make it look better. I really want to work on my blog photos this year anyway, I've just purchased some new photography equipment. 

9. As I’m mainly a beauty blogger I feel like I have to ask at least one beauty question so: If you could only use one kind of beauty product what would it be and why?

R&B Hair Moisturiser from Lush is incredible. Now that I've used it, I don't think I could live without it. It tames my hair and makes it so soft. Damn my naturally curly hair.

10. What would you say to someone who aspires to become a blogger?

It's not about getting free stuff, like some seem to assume. Blogging can actually be really hard work. You have to dedicate a lot of time and put a lot of work into it, if you want to grow your blog. If you're hard working and creative, blogging is definitely for you.


Thank you to Louise for taking part!

Come back next saturday to see who our next blogger is.


No comments