BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Interview a blogger, Dinner Stories | Blog Series

Hello Again!!

Today's blogger for my 'Interview a Blogger' series is Christy from Dinner Stories, now I actually know Christy because she's a blogger in Aberdeen where I live!! Let's get to know her a little better.

1. Tell us something about yourself and your blog?

I'm Christy and I live in a little town in the north east of Scotland! I started out blogging about fashion but as my interests have changed, it's naturally progressed into more of a food and fitness based lifestyle blog.


2. How did you get into blogging? Did someone else inspire you?

I followed lots of blogs for a while and then one day just decided I'd have a go at it myself - if these girls can do it why can't I?


3. What does blogging mean to you and why?

I still consider it a hobby - something I do in my spare time when I'm feeling inspired or excited about something. Its a good way to vent about things and just generally get your thoughts and feelings out there. It's also a great way of documenting life - from the big exciting adventures to the smaller things that you sometimes forget to stop and appreciate. My own little online diary I suppose.

4. I personally have almost stopped blogging so, What keeps you motivated?

I go through periods of being really into it and having lots to write about, to feeling totally uninspired and thinking the whole thing is stupid! Then I eat something awesome and can't wait to share it again!! haha. It helps that Aberdeen has had a bit more of a blogger buzz lately so there's been lots to write about :)


5. Name some (one,two or three) of your favourite bloggers and tell us why they’re your favourite?

Natbee's - Anastasia was one of the first Aberdeen bloggers I really clicked with. I love reading all about her adventures on her travel posts. http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk/
Cake Vs Scales - Lots of health and fitness. Her recent "Confessions of a yo-yo dieter" post struck a chord. www.cakevsscales.com
Pretty Hungry - Bianca gets just as excited about food as I do!! www.prettyhungry.me


6. What do you do when you’re not blogging?

You'll probably find me in the squat rack at the gym!


7. What are you most proud of when it comes to your blog?

Probably the opportunities it's given me and the people I've met through it - like yourself!

8. Everyone has a favourite and a least favourite post, what are yours?

This is a hard one!! I dislike blogging "how to's" because I feel like there is no right or wrong way of blogging! I love a good foodie post so any recipes or restaurant reviews. 

9. As I’m mainly a beauty blogger I feel like I have to ask at least one beauty question so: If you could only use one kind of beauty product what would it be and why?

I hardly wear make-up or anything through the week so I'm going to be really boring and say dry shampoo. It's a lifesaver for fixing my hair between work and the gym! 


10. What would you say to someone who aspires to become a blogger?

In the words of Nike - Just do it! Write what comes naturally, about anything you're passionate about and don't take it too seriously!


dinnerstories.co.uk | Christy's Twitter | Christy's Instagram

A massive thank you to Christy for taking part!!

Come back next Saturday to see who the next blogger is.



No comments