BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Interview a Blogger, Jennyrossxo | Blog Series

Hello Again,

It's that time of the week where I interview a blogger and today's blogger is Jenny form Born to blend! Jenny is a lovely Make Up Artist and her blog is honestly fab! Let's get to know her better...

1. Tell us something about yourself and your blog?

 I'm Jenny, 24 and am a self taught Makeup Artist. My blog is mainly beauty based and will celebrate its first birthday in April this year.


2. How did you get into blogging? Did someone else inspire you?


I got into blogging as a way to share my passion and interests in beauty, makeup and fashion with others. I wouldn't say anyone has inspired me to start blogging as such but there's certainly people I look up to and think are great at what they do! 


3. What does blogging mean to you and why?


Blogging to me is a great way to focus your positive and creative energy. And also to connect with a wonderful, supportive, ever-growing community. 


4. I personally have almost stopped blogging so, What keeps you motivated?


 What keeps me motivated mainly, is my long term goal. Eventually I'd love to start YouTube and I find blogging a brilliant way to gain experience and knowledge for that. The blogging community and general positive comments keep me going when I'm having a down day (or week... Or month!).


5. Name some (one,two or three) of your favourite bloggers and tell us why they’re your favourite?


 Oh my God this is so difficult! Okay let's narrow it down - for fashion posts I love Amy | Saltandchic.com. For beauty I'd have to say Jenna | Beautyandthestyle.co.uk. And for a mixture between beauty, lifestyle etc I enjoy reading Jemma | Dorkface.co.uk. I love reading their blogs because I always feel their content is top quality, I have serious photography skills envy and their blogs are super easy to navigate around.

6. What do you do when you’re not blogging?


 I work full time in fashion retail, attempt to squeeze in any freelance work when I can, and I love nothing more than sticking on a film, grabbing a cup of tea, and chilling with my husband and pooch after a long day. We also purchased our first home last year so it's pretty much an on-going renovation project!


7. What are you most proud of when it comes to your blog?

(Without sounding big headed) I'm probably most proud of how much I've improved over the last 9 months in terms of actual content and also photography. 

8. Everyone has a favourite and a least favourite post, what are yours?

My favourite types of post to read and also write probably have to be monthly favourites posts. I love finding new products and reading others recommendations. My least favourite to write (this is really hard!) are I'm going to say makeup tutorial posts just because I'm terrible at describing what I'm doing or have done. And I infuriate myself because I continually find myself saying "does that make sense?!". 


9. As I’m mainly a beauty blogger I feel like I have to ask at least one beauty question so: If you could only use one kind of beauty product what would it be and why?


I'm going to be a super sensible Sally and say moisturiser! I think it's so important to keep your skin hydrated. But the Makeup Artist in me is going to say any product for brows is essential!


10. What would you say to someone who aspires to become a blogger?


 GO FOR IT!! Don't be pressured into finding a 'niche' and post about whatever it is that you love and are passionate about. Aim to inspire and spread positivity. Remember to engage and connect with your readers/audience. And most importantly, always stay true to yourself! 



Thank you to the beautiful Jenny for taking part!

Come back next Saturday to see who the next Blogger is.

2 comments

  1. Ah this is fab! Thank so so much again for having me! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series! It's great to learn more about other bloggers and I have visted Born to Blend in the past and think its a great blog! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete