BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

My Very First Glossy Box!

Hello again!

Todays post is going to be all about my very first Glossy Box! What's a Glossy box I hear you ask, through the internet - well everyone - Glossy Box is a monthly, 3 monthly, 6 monthly or yearly subscription to a little goodie box with 5 beauty products in it. My subscription is monthly so I am £10 plus postage and packaging - which is an absolute bargain seeing as this months box is actually worth £58!! See - Bargain. Some of the products are miniatures but some are full size and this month there is 4 full products! I have subscribed to another service like this and I was going to do an unboxing video on my YouTube channel but that one hasn't arrived yet and I just couldn't help myself. So I thought instead I will do a blog post on it - and here we are! I am also going to use all 5 products throughout the month then I will review at the end of the month.


Before I get into showing you the products and telling you all about them can I just say how beautifully presented the box is! The packaging is gorgeous, so elegant! I felt like a child at Christmas opening up a present! I also love the fact that they have included a card that explains what each product is for and how much the full size costs.




So the first product that I picked up was the SASS Intimate purifying Cleanser. They have said that its a gentle formula that ensures you stay shower-fresh all day. Sounds good already! On the tube it says to use two pumps and then to rinse with water. I am looking forward to using this as I am trying to build up good skincare products - also it smells very fresh! This is a miniature product and the full size is worth £7.


The next thing that I picked up is the MeMeMe Lipglide in Playful Peach - love the name!
It's got a beautiful coral hue and its matte - which I prefer! It's a lip crayon and it easy to apply and is very hydrating. Now if I saw this in a shop I would definitely swatch it but it's not a colour I would buy - purely just because I'm not brave enough to wear such a bright colour but now that I have it I will try it out. This is a full size product and it costs £6.95. There is a swatch of it below.



I then picked up the Naobay Calming Face Toner. The packing of this is lovely - I really like the wooden lid. Very simple yet effective. The Social and Digital Manager of Glossy Box has said that this is a citrus-scented liquid toner from the Spanish Brand Naobay that ticks four requirements, removing traces of makeup while also cleansing, calming and hydrating the skin. Sounds good! It is also 99.13% natural - two thumbs up from me! This is also full size and it is worth £10.65 - almost the entire cost of my monthly subscription.


Next up is the Emite Artist Colour Powder Blush. They have said that in May they asked the subscribers Blush or Brush. So here it is - the winner. It is in the shade 108 and it is quite a dark colour for me - I am like a milk bottle though - But the team at Glossy Box have branded it a 'blunzer' a blush/bronzer hybrid! I am still going to give it a try though - it does blend really well onto the back of my hand so fingers crossed it blends well on my face! This is a full size and is worth £ 20.59 - just, wow! You can see the colour in the picture below along with the MeMeMe lipglide.



Lash but not least (see what I did there, lash last, no ok) is the Manna Kadar Lash Primer. This is the product that has me interested the most as I've never used a Lash Primer - so I'm very excited to use this! It is meant to nourish your lashes as well as make them voluminous. So I will be putting this on before I apply my mascara to enhance the final look! In my review of all the products I will include a photo of my eyes if I find it to have made a difference. This is again a full size product and it's worth £14.55.


I most definitely think that the monthly subscription is worth it - it is also cheaper for the other month options so I would recommend to check that out. I already can't wait for my September box! I'm going to sign off here and try of few if not all of these out!

'Till next time ...


No comments