BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

A little Family Day!

Hello Again,

Now this post is not going to be beauty related as I had a 'day off'. Instead this is going to be a post about Family Time! We have actually had some good weather of late so we thought we'd take full advantage. April loves spending time outdoors, from looking for snails (she's fascinated) to going on a walk to the park, she's game. So we put on some shades and went to the park! April will be 3 in October, I honestly don't know where the time has gone! She's so independent and she's sprouted like crazy, my little girl isn't so little anymore! Walking along the farm road on the way to the park she marched off, showing me the way - shouting, 'Come on Mummy, it's this way'. I'm so proud of the little girl that she is -  she doesn't just light up a room - she lights up my entire world!


On our way home from the park we didn't want to go indoors, we really did want to take advantage of the sun so Sam made a little phone call to his sister Meghan and after a quick camera battery charge, we were in the car on the way to Stonehaven for a cheeky chipper and an Ice-Cream.  Now Stonehaven honestly has one of the best Ice-Cream shops Ever! Aunty Betty's, their Ice-Cream is amazing! So many different flavours and now typing this I'm kicking myself for not taking a photo of all of them but to be fair it's always jam packed (but it does give me an excuse to go back soon to get a photo - like I really need an excuse to go there!) I went for a generous 3 scoop tub - with all the toppings!! My mouth is literally watering as I type! Spearmint, Bubblegum and Easy tiger - which is Chocolatey Honeycomb - that's right - Chocolatey Honeycomb!! 


They also sell the most gorgeous Ice-Cream Cakes! Anything from Wedding cakes, to pirate boats, to lad cakes - a 2 tiered Ice-Cream cake with a Lad's Magazine sticking out of the top with a beer on the side. Brilliant! But this one did catch my eye, it's called The Tutu Cake - perfect for little girls it's even topped off with a crown! April was more interested in the Pirate one which I suppose is good seeing as I'm already planning her mermaid Pirate 3rd Birthday Party!


I love days like this when we just all get to spend time together. Sam and I both work full-time but our days off are different so we don't get to spend a lot of time just the three of us - but when we do it's lovely! 

'Till next time ...


No comments