BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Makeup Artist Katie Wight's Favourite Summer Products | Guest Post

MY FAVOURITE SUMMER PRODUCTS

Hi! My name is Katie and I am a professional make-up artist based in the north of Scotland. My passion is make up and I love making people feel amazing and helping people become more confident in their make-up skills. I am painter at heart and I feel at home painting faces. 

I wanted to share with you my top favourite must-have products for summer. Now, where I live I rarely see any sunshine. When I do, WOW, do I get excited! I am a peely-wally Scot and my freckles pop out at the first opportunity.

I have my favourite summer staples that I can’t get by without which I will share with you today. 

I also have a You Tube channel (Katie Wight Make Up) so head over there for a video dedicated to this subject and let me show you my faves in action. If you like it, hit the like button and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel to keep up with my latest tutorials.

My top tips for summer make up are: 

Wear less! 
Always remember to wear sunscreen and a hat if you have 
Use a tinted moisturiser or a BB/CC cream – this will give you a glowing natural finish with a little coverage and a hint of colour. 
Focus on pops of colour whether that be your eyes or lips 
The name of the game is glowing skin and you can achieve that by using good skin care and illuminating products 

Let’s start with skincare… 

If you want to achieve that gorgeous glowing summer skin look then look at your skin care routine. 

NIP + FAB GLYCOLIC FIX CLEANSING PADS

I picked up this product a few weeks back in Boots as they were half price. I am astounded at the difference in my skin! I‘d been struggling with bumps under my skin on my face for months and I tried everything but within a few days of using these pads they disappeared (hoorah!) The texture of my skin has vastly improved. 

As far as I can see these pads can be used on all types of skin tones. After cleansing wipe a pad across your face, then voila! dreamy skin coming your way. I always do this at night as there is a warning on the packet about being careful in the sun. The product has glycolic acid, witch hazel, hyaluronic acid and blue daisy.



Next, illumination is key!

SOAP & GLORY GLOW LOTION

This is a must for your holiday suitcase! This is a highlighting and moisturising body glimmer so you can use it all over your body and it smells amazing.



MAC COSMETICS STROBE CREAM

This is a staple in my make up bag and looks amazing on all skin types. It’s a definite must for a dewy look. You can put it all over your face on top of moisturiser or just at the high points of your face. As I have dry skin I always use a moisturiser underneath but if you have normal or oily skin you may be able to use it on its own. This product has Green tea and botanicals which help to brighten and clarify and will give you that glow from within.



ARBONNE INTELLIGENCE CC CREAM LIGHT

This is my favourite non-foundation hands down. It’s perfect for my skin tone and really makes my skin glow. The coverage is lightweight which you can buildable. This is a 10 in 1 product so what that means is that it has 10 benefits. It primes, protects the skin's moisture barrier, conceals discolouration’s, hydrates, mattifies, brightens, covers blemishes, refines pores, soothes and helps perfect your overall complexion. This is also a vegan product. Love it!



SARA HILL PINK OPAL PIGMENT 

This is a loose mineral based pigment which is white with a pink pearl base tone. I love this and use it everywhere as highlighter and eyeshadow. It’s very difficult to describe how beautiful it is so take a look at my video and you will see for yourself. Sara’s products are fabulous.



MAC EXTRA DIMENSION SKINFINISH OH DARLING!

This is a gorgeous gold highlighter that can be used as highlighter or on the eyes. Golds and ambers are so beautiful in the summer.


I’ve just looked and MAC no longer sell this, it must have been a limited edition for Christmas!
Sorry guys, a similar product would be Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator Compact in So Hollywood or Frenzy by NARS.



NYX BUTTER GLOSS

So this summer’s trend is super dewy glossy lips. I think it’s nice to have a pop of colour in the summer months. My favourite glosses right now are the very affordable NYX butter glosses and they come in a variety of shades.



Lancome Juicy Tubes are also a firm favourite


Clear lipgloss on a natural pout is beautiful too, try MAC’s lipglass


I hope you enjoyed my favourite summer products, please do get in touch and let me know what your favourite products are. 


​Come and visit me on social media;

You Tube Channel: katie wight make up


Instagram: katie wight mua

Twitter: @katiewightmua


No comments