BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Interview a Blogger, Dorkface | Blog Series

Hello Again,

Today's blogger that I've interviewed is the wonderful, creative, lovely Jemma of Dorkface! Surely you know who she is, if you don't you must have been living under a rock for ages! Also check out TheGirlGang as she is the creator of it and it's such a great community of people who raise each other up, it's so refreshing!



1. Tell us something about yourself and your blog?

My name is Jemma, I blog at www.dorkface.co.uk and it's my home for all my creative projects! I love to experiment with creative writing, photography, collage and paint. I also chat about my life and share my hopes and dreams with my readers :)


2. How did you get into blogging? Did someone else inspire you?

Yes! I had followed blogs for years but only got around to finally making my own in early 2014! :)


3. What does blogging mean to you and why?

It's my whole world now. It's my career, my friendships, my inspiration and my passion. I love that it's allowed me to go for my dreams!


4. I personally have almost stopped blogging so, What keeps you motivated?

Creating has always inspired me. I can't NOT create. So whether it's writing posts, taking photos, creating artwork, etc - I've always needed to create for myself. I'd be so unhappy if I couldn't, and so my blog never gets boring to me. I'm constantly looking for something new to create! Plus having people appreciate my work means the world to me.


5. Name some (one,two or three) of your favourite bloggers and tell us why they’re your favourite?

http://www.agirlobsessedblog.com/ - Because Mandy constantly inspires me and she writes the bestest posts!
http://www.witchcake.co.uk/ - Holly ALWAYS brings out my creativity and encourages me to be myself, even if it's strange/unusual.
http://www.teapartybeauty.com/ = Hayley because she's HILARIOUS. I'd love to be able to write and brilliantly and naturally as she does, with her personality shining through.

6. What do you do when you’re not blogging?

Painting/drawing takes up a huge amount of my time as I am also an illustrator. Sometimes it's for other bloggers (headers/graphics etc), sometimes small business websites/logos etc and sometimes bigger projects like my upcoming stationery brand collaboration (eek!).


7. What are you most proud of when it comes to your blog?

Everything really, just the blog in itself. I feel confident and proud of it because it's 100% mine. Winning two awards for it last year was probably my proudest moment.


8. Everyone has a favourite and a least favourite post, what are yours?

Oh man! I genuinely think I can't choose! Erm.. I did love this one - http://www.dorkface.co.uk/2015/02/blogging.html - because it explains why blogging changed my life. So maybe that! And I definitely don't have a least fave :)


9. As I’m mainly a beauty blogger I feel like I have to ask at least one beauty question so: If you could only use one kind of beauty product what would it be and why?

Always liquid eyeliner. I NEED my cat eyes everyday. I actually love the Makeup Revolution one, its so cheap but AMAZING. Stays in place all day, great application and JET BLACK :)


10. What would you say to someone who aspires to become a blogger?

Be yourself! Trying to 'fit in' is boring and won't help you! :)




Thank you so much to Jemma for taking part in my Blog Series! Hopefully you have got to know more about her, I know I have! 

Come back next Saturday to see who our next blogger is.



No comments