BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Books and Bean's Coffee Shop Aberdeen | Blogger Lunch

Hello Again,

A few weeks ago I was invited by a fellow Aberdeen blogger, Katherine from Katherine Elizabeth Official to Books and Beans in Aberdeen for a little Aberdeen Bloggers Lunch. Books and Beans is a coffee shop in the heart of the City Centre where you can have some delicious food, great coffee, buy some local art or even some second hand books. 
So after we girls caught up and had a natter we ordered our drinks and I couldn't resist the toasted marshmallow cheeky chino, a nice icy drink that you can choose the different syrup and whether you want coffee in it or not. Swiftly after almost going into a sugary marshmallow coma the food started coming up. To start we sampled their soups of the day, Sweet Potato and Coconut and Spicy lentil and red pepper. The spicy lentil and red pepper was my favourite as it really warmed your cockles - would be perfect in the colder months! This was served with some toasted seeded bread - really hit the spot!


Next up we had some wraps and panini's! For the wraps we had a choice of Brie, Apple, Spinach and Honey and some Chicken and Bacon Salad  - Look how good they look!!


The Panini's were Ham, cheese and Mustard and Balsamic vinegar, mozzarella, olives, tomato and basil. If you're a massive mustard fan then I recommend the first one. It adds a nice change to your typical ham and cheese panini! I didn't try the balsamic vinegar one as I'm not a fan of that or olives but the girls sure did enjoy them. Books and Beans have a very wide variety of both panini's and wraps so you are spoilt for choice!


Obviously we couldn't not try their cakes and pancakes - that would have been rude! The lovely waitress took up this massive plate full of pancake stacks, different flavours of jam, nutella (my favourite) and a few little jugs of hot maple syrup - who's drooling?! These were honestly some of the best pancakes ever - try them for yourself!


And then as if we hadn't been spoilt enough this plate full of tray bakes and muffins came up!! We had some rocky road slices, Mint tray bake, Victoria Sponge muffin (oh my goodness) and some treacle toffee apple muffins!! Safe to say I tried and loved every single one - I even took some home. 


After being rolled off of my chair I took a walk around the second floor (Books and Bean being over three floors) and I loved that there was literally something for everyone. Book covered walls for all ages, little toys and puzzles scattered over for children, postcards and notebooks for all the stationary lovers out there and my favourite part - the artwork. The walls are decorated beautifully with artwork of Aberdeen, I'd love to have some in my house.




So if you live in Aberdeen or find yourself visiting and are looking for a little spot to relax and eat some damn good food then head to Books and Beans.

Books and Beans, 22 Belmont Street, Aberdeen

Follow them on Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with everything they have going on:

No comments