BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

My Review of August's Glossy Box!

Hello Again,

Earlier on last month I did a blog post on my very first Glossy Box - if you haven't read that, then go read that then come back. You back? Good! So I have been using these products over the past month now so I thought I would do a review. Some of the products I have loved and others I haven't been to fussed about.

I am going to start with the products that I have been impressed by which was all bar 2 really. First up is the Naobay Calming Face Toner. Now I have never used a toner before until this as I've explained before that I never really had a skincare routine until recently, but this was a lovely addition. I just feel that after I use my cleanser this is perfect to sweep across my face and remove any traces of make up left. I also love the packaging of this - the wooden lid looks lovely on my vanity. The only thing I was a little disappointed with was that on the Glossy Box product fact card was that it said that it had a nice citrus smell and I just don't think it has any smell at all. But other than that I have loved using this and I definitely want to keep it part of my skincare routine!


Next up is the Manna Kadar conditioning eyelash primer. Now, to be perfectly honest with you when I saw this in my box I was very apprehensive (I've only just been converted to an eyelid primer - I thought an eyelash primer was just taking the biscuit). But I was pleasantly surprised, I find that this really helps my mascara cling to my lashes even more! But I don't think it would be a product that I would buy over and over again, it's more of a luxury product! But I do enjoy having it as a part of my collection.


Next up is a product I've spoken a lot about on both here and over on my twitter, it's the Sass Intimate Purifying Cleanser. Now, I was using this as a facial cleaner as it I was instructed to by my little glossy box info card - but after about a week of using this on my face (which by the way, left my face feeling amazing) I found out that it was actually a cleanser for my lady thang (I'm channelling my inner Miley Cyrus - up in here!) We're all grown ups here and this is my blog so if I can't speak about that, then I may as well shut this down here. But this is honestly now something that I've been using ever other day and I don't think twice about it. I just see it as part of my typical shower routine. I love this and the brand themselves have been really good over chatting away with me and recommending more products over twitter - on pay day I will be checking out the rest of their range in boots! I'm very glad this was in my Glossy Box!


Next up is my most disappointing product - but this is only because of the shade. It's the Emite Artist Colour Powder Blush, which the guys at glossy box deemed this as a 'Blunzer' so a mix between a blush and a bronzer. I am very very pale (Imagine a milk bottle - yup, that's me) so as soon as I saw this I just knew it would be too dark for me. But putting that aside I did try it and I do really like it, the pigmentation is brilliant as it the formula. I just used a little at a time and I found it to be quite bendable. So if it were in a lighter shade I'd definitely be reaching for it more, but sadly i think this will either collect dust or be given to a friend.


Last but not least is the MeMeMe Lip Glide in the shade Playful Peach. I have been trying this out now and then but it just isn't my kind of lip colour. It is a beautiful coral-pink-peach which I'm sure would suit a lot of people but I just don't think it suits me. The texture though is great! It's very soft and easy to apply. I think this will be added into the little selection of make up that I let April play around with - which I'm sure will make her very happy!


So that is all from August's Glossy Box. Do you get the Glossy Box? What did you think of your August Products? I can't wait to see what's in this month's box!

'Till next time ...


No comments