BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Jamie's New Super Lunch Menu | Review


Hello Again!

Today's post is one of my favourites - it's a foodie one! I was asked along to Jamie's Italian in Aberdeen to try the new Super Lunch Menu, so I grabbed Sam and we went along. I love Italian food but I had never been to Jamie's before but I had heard great things so I was very excited to give it a try!


The Super Lunch Menu is really good and affordable, you can have two courses for £10.95 or have three (like we did) for only £12.95. Some places, in Aberdeen especially, you can't even get one course for that so that's a tick straight off the bat!

As I'm getting older now (let's hide the greys) I am trying to extend my palette so for my starter I went for the Fritto Misto which was a very generous plate full of crispy sustainable fish, mussels, squid and calamari. I gave everything a try but my favourite was the sustainable fish which (I think) was cod. The garlic and lemon aioli really brought so much flavour to it. The squid was also very good but the mussels and calamari didn't appeal to me, don't get me wrong the flavours were spot on but it was just the texture for me - nothing wrong with the food!!


Sam had a Garlic bread roll with Parmesan for his starter, I loves how it was presented and that it looked like a little loaf. I also tried this (had to, for the blog obviously) and it was great - very morish!


For my Main I went for the Italian Steak and Fries and this was one of the best steaks I have ever had! As you can see it was a very lean piece of meat and it was massive. It was served with a herby garlic butter over it, some horseradish and rocket and also some very skinny fries. I made the right choice with my main - 10 out of 10!


Sam chose the Tagliatelle Bolognese for his main and it was presented beautifully. His tagliatelle was in a cone shape and it was topped with some herby breadcrumbs. There wasn't a drop of food left on his plate!


Desert, my favourite part of the meal - a part I don't normally have. Let me tell you, overtime Sam and I go out for a meal he starts off saying that he's going to leave room for pudding but after the main he always changes his mind, so I'm left not having because I don't want to sit having pudding on my own - so I told Sam that we had to have, for the blog! (That saying comes in use quite a lot).

I chose the Ultimate Chocolate Brownie and I'm so upset to say that it was a little disappointing. Yes it was on a lunch menu so I wasn't excepting anything over the top but when I got this it looked a bit mediocre. It was a chocolate brownie served with proper butterscotch sauce which was really good and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The brownie was quite dry and tasted a little burnt, it's just not what I expected when I ordered the Ultimate Chocolate Brownie.


Sam was not disappointed though, he went for the Baked White Chocolate Cheesecake. This was served with fresh raspberries and crushed amaretti. If I were to choose again, I would go for this.


Overall our meal was really good and full of flavour and I was really impressed with the staff and the design of the Restaurant, it was a nice mix of industrial and rustic. 

If you liked what you saw then be sure to give the new Super lunch menu a try! The menu runs Monday to Friday, 12pm-6pm - plenty of time to grab your favourite people and enjoy a tasty meal!

Thank you to the staff at Jamie's Italian Aberdeen for your fantastic service and to the team at Jamie's for inviting us along!

No comments